Sports Premium 2016–17
During this period the school has received £9300 to improve the quality of sport and PE provision at St Mary’s. Our vision is to create a culture that encourages all our children to be active and have positive attitudes towards physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
The funding will develop a programme which includes high quality physical education as part of the curriculum; competitive school sport opportunities and additional sporting opportunities after school.
We believe high quality physical education and school sport will contribute to a range of outcomes for our children contributing to their physical, mental and social well being.
More specifically the funding has/will be predominantly targeted in the following ways:
- Employing specialist PE teachers or qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence.
- Employing a specialist teacher to deliver high quality PE.
- Provide professional development for staff.
- Procure quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence.
- Quality assure the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons.
- Buy into existing local sports networks such as school sport partnerships or community
Approximately £1000 has been spent on ensuring we are now fully resourced in terms of resources/equipment to deliver high quality PE.
We will endeavour to use the funding to make high quality PE and sport sustainable. Our CPD programme and utilising coaches who have links to local clubs to provide further participation opportunities beyond the school day will help achieve this.